This scholar award recognizes students whose research has shown innovation and creativity, and the potential for progressing from scientific discovery to a medical therapy. It was established as a collaboration between Harrington Discovery Institute and Case Western Reserve School of Medicine to support the work of young physicians. The award includes:
- Two-year grant
- Milestone-driven grant funding
- Drug development expertise and project management support
- Expert business, commercialization and clinical development advice
- Ability to maximize potential for clinical success
- Community of physician-scientist innovators
Join our emailing list to become a part of our community and receive periodic communications about grant funding opportunities, as well as news and updates.
- Enrolled as a Case Western Reserve University Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) student in the MD/PhD dual program
- Have his/her/their own quality, creative and innovative work that has the potential to advance towards clinical success
- Applications are strongly encouraged from students who would begin the funded award no later than the beginning of their 4th year of graduate training. For projects that would be initiated later than this time point, prospective applicants must discuss with Dr. Clifford Harding before applying.
Late submissions will not be accepted for any reason, other than issues with the Harrington Discovery Institute's submission system. Proposals received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
The Harrington-MSTP at CWRU award selection committee seeks breakthrough discoveries defined by innovation, creativity and potential to progress from scientific discovery to a medical therapy.
- Discoveries deemed to address unmet medical needs
- Modulators of novel targets
- Strong intellectual property (IP) or protection strategy
- May be a small molecule, biologic or other therapeutic modality
- Diagnostics or devices only acceptable as part of a therapeutic development project
- Call Opens for Letters of Intent (LOI)
October 18, 2022
- LOI Submission Deadline
November 21, 2022
- Full Proposal Deadline for those Invited
January 20, 2023
- Announce 2023 Harrington-MSTP Scholar(s)
HOW TO APPLY APPLY NOW