- The Vision
- A $50 million transformative gift from Ron and Nancy Harrington and their children Jill, Ron, and Lydia Harrington, made possible the vision of Dr. Jonathan Stamler to support physician-scientists in advancing their discoveries into medicines.
- Harrington Discovery Institute is established as the first academic institute to use a blended non-profit/for-profit model to create new medicines.
- BioMotiv, a mission-aligned for-profit partner of Harrington Discovery Institute, is formed under the global initiative, The Harrington Project for Discovery & Development.
- Advisory Boards
- First Scientific Advisory Board is established to help set the science and innovation agenda in areas of unmet need.
- Scholar Award Programs
- Inaugural class of Harrington Scholar-Innovators is selected.
For more history, watch this video where Ron Harrington reflects on the origins of Harrington Discovery Institute.