This scholar award recognizes outstanding physician-scientists whose work has potential to advance standard of care. Each year up to 12 Harrington Scholar-Innovators are chosen. The award includes:
- Two-year grant
- $100,000 guaranteed, opportunity to qualify for up to $1,100,000
- Drug development expertise and project management support
- A personalized team of drug developers and project manager for each award recipient
- Expert business, commercialization and clinical development advice
- Regulatory assistance
- Intellectual property (IP) review and advice
- Assistance identifying and securing additional financial support based on project needs
Join our emailing list to become a part of our community and receive periodic communications about grant funding opportunities, as well as news and updates.
- MD or MD/PhD (or equivalent)
- Faculty position at an accredited academic medical center, university or research institution in the US or Canada, and conduct the majority of his/her/their research at that institution
- A project must have a single Principal Investigator (PI), who is responsible for project oversight and financial management. The PI may engage collaborators, core labs or commercial CROs to execute any portion of the project.
- Past recipients of Harrington awards may submit new and distinct proposals, but may not seek additional support for previously funded projects.
Late submissions will not be accepted for any reason, other than issues with the Harrington Discovery Institute’s submission system. Proposals received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
The Harrington Scholar-Innovator award selection committee seeks breakthrough discoveries defined by innovation, creativity and potential for clinical impact, including:
- Discoveries deemed to address unmet medical needs
- Modulators of novel targets
- Potential to be developed into a commercial program
- Strong intellectual property (IP) or protection strategy
- May be a small molecule, biologic, or other therapeutic modality
- Diagnostics or devices only acceptable as part of a therapeutic development project
- Call Opens for Letters of Intent (LOI)
February 23, 2022
- LOI Submission Deadline (EXTENDED)
April 5, 2022
- Full Proposal Deadline for those Invited (EXTENDED)
June 6, 2022
- Announce 2023 Scholar-Innovators
HOW TO APPLY APPLY NOW